This is one of those care-free recipes where you just chop everything up, throw it in the oven and after a while of waiting your done. Perfect for lazy nights or for entertaining guests and you don’t want to spent the whole evening in the kitchen! And as the recipe comes from the book STRONG by the great personal trainer Zanna Van Dijk it’s healthy, nutricious and delicious!
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Cut the potatoes in half. Then make several incisions about 2mm apart and about two thirds of the way through the potato with a sharp knife. Make sure it still holds together.
3. Put the potatoe-halves on a baking tray, drizzle a bit of olive oil on top and season them with seasalt, pepper and a bit of rosemary.
4. Whilst the potatoes are in the oven, make an incision into the side of the chicken breasts and put about 2 tsp of pesto into each of the pockets you have created.
5. Wrap the chicken breasts with bacon.
6. After the potatoes have been roasting for 30 minutes, add the chicken breasts onto the backing tray and leave everything in the oven for another 20 minutes.
7. Serve with tzatziki and cucumber for a fresh meal!
Let us know if you have tried this recipe! And what recipes you like best for a lazy night in!
Lots of love, J